(urth) Father Inire Theory cont.

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 11:13:52 PST 2010

> Gerry Quinn-
> Which there are.  Some things in Wolfe's stories are ambiguous, others
> are rather certain.  Triskele is a dog, or a dog-shaped aquastor.  It
> is very unlikely that he is a cat.  It is even more certain that he is
> not an elephant.  An interpretation that requires Triskele to be an
> elephant has a high likelihood of being wrong.

Your central point is taken that there are known knowns. But,
technically Triskele might be /merely/ an alien creature that is
analogous to dogs. If you saw it, you might prefer the term "bear" (
suspect you would). I know it probably makes no difference narratively
and little allusively, but it does exemplify Wolfe's forest of mirrors.

u+16b9