(urth) Urth Digest, Vol 76, Issue 82

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 07:36:10 PST 2010

> Lee Berman-
> (haven't read any Stephen King. Is that Jesus/inkblot thing in The Shining movie?)

No. It's only in the novel. It's when Jack looks at the sun shining in
the windows of the hotel and has an epiphany that everything his son has
been saying about the place is true. It's a personality. A menacing
personality.
He compares it to when he was a kid in Sunday School and the teacher
showed them a picture that was all ink splotches and said there was a
picture of Jesus in it (I've seen these, but I can't find an example of
what I saw on the web). All the other kids said they saw it and Jack was
so angry because he couldn't. He told himself they were pretending. They
were just CLAIMING to see it because the teacher said it was there. So
he stayed after and stared at the picture for long time but only saw ink
splotches. Then suddenly he saw it, and he couldn't see anything else.

u+16b9