(urth) Faterh Inire Theory cont.

Gerry Quinn gerryq at indigo.ie
Sat Dec 11 14:02:42 PST 2010

From: "David Stockhoff" <dstockhoff at verizon.net>

>I remember that now. Yes, the painted ceiling is not in a starship. Thanks.

Why not?  Must starships always have bare, metallic ceilings?

It could be that some starship captains prefer a more ornate decorative
style.  What sort of image would they choose?  Well, if one were travelling
on long voyages away from Urth, why not something that would remind homesick
sailors of their home?  Clouds and birds, perhaps.  Clouds and birds on an
Urthly ceiling would be a little pointless after all, when one can just go
outside and see the real thing.  One might argue that the clouds and birds
are therefore actually a hint that the ceiling is that of a starship!

Or maybe the clouds could refer to the name of the ship:  the Fortunate
Cloud.

- Gerry Quinn