(urth) This week in Google Alerts: review of _The Knight_

Daniel Petersen danielottojackpetersen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 02:11:38 PST 2010

Lane Haygood <lhaygood at gmail.com> wrote:
'If the blogger cannot understand the artistry involved in such a flawed
narrator, well, I wish him the best of his Cormac McCarthy.'

Totally agree with your point about his missing the artistry of writing
through Able.  But just want to say Cormac McCarthy and Gene Wolfe are not
mutually exclusive alternatives!  It's funny you should mention McCarthy
because he's one of the only other authors I read that stands up very well
next to Wolfe for me.  Two very challenging and satisfying authors with
unbelievable virtuoso prose styles and depth.

-DOJP