(urth) Father Inire Theory

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 7 12:53:02 PST 2010

>Son o'Witz:Well, If you've laid out the theory in one posting, I missed it.
I expect you didn't put 6 years of work all in one >post though.  Either way,
I, for one, don't have a clear idea of what your theory is.  I think the various
bits I've read are >interesting.  By the way, I cropped it, but it was a great post
you just wrote, with the six levels of interpretation.

Thanks! Yeah, it is too sprawling to fit in one post I think. And since it is really just
a mental map for my own understanding it can be difficult to translate into a clear verbal
schemata. Perhaps it works best for filling in gaps in Severian's family tree, outlining what
I think is severian's family curse and explaining some of the weirdnesses of The Commonwealth,
like khaibits.

>David Stockhoff- nice! It's actually a good idea to have a list like this, although I'd approach
>it a little differently, trying to emphasize the organizing principle.

Thanks! Yeah, I just tossed the list together in just a few minutes to illustrate the ideal of maintaining
multiple perspectives. I figured others would divvy it up differently and I'd probably revise
the list myself given more time.

>the creation of myth

I think James Wynn is especially interested in this aspect.

>"book as universe/author as God."

I LOVE this one. I think I could add it to the top of my list so that along with "autobiography", like
"attachment to the personage of the Monarch" it represents both the lowest and highest levels.