(urth) Dionysus

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 11:54:13 PST 2010

   More coming. But I'll answer these questions right now:

> Gerry Quinn wrote:
> Also, doesn't it happen afterwards that the Neighbours turn over Blue
> to Horn in return for certain considerations, in his capacity as
> representative of the human race on Blue?  If Horn is really a
> Neighbourm how is this agreement legitimate?

> Roy C. Lackey wrote-
> If the entity who
> represented all humans was a Neighbor, not a human, then he was not a true
> representative of the human race and was not qualified to speak on its
> behalf.

It is  ONLY legitimate _because_ HORN is _more_ than human.
He-Pen-Sheep's people were in proximity to the Neighbor's on that island
for decades, but there was no attempt to cut that deal. You might as
well ask why it is legitimate for merely human Horn to to cut a deal
with the Neighbors on behalf of the whole human race. The answer is, it
wouldn't be. But it _would_ be if Horn were more than human and if you
understand the concept of the "Mediator" -- I already explained that
this is both an orthodox and gnostic Christian concept:
/"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man
Christ Jesus." ~Timothy 2:5/

HORN, the resurrected Horn, is the only being in the universe that is
100% human and 100% Neighbor. He's the "Neighbor-man" as He-Pen-Sheep
called him. This is why he alone can receive the planet from the hands
of the Neighbors and why he alone can make an agreement with
them--perhaps the Bible term covenant or testament better--on behalf of
the humanity.

You don't have to go too far _to go too far_ when comparing Severian to
Jesus. But in the case of the Rajan, it keeps slamming you in the face.
He's much more of a legitimate CHRIST-figure. Not equivalent to Christ
as Aslan is, but none-the-less.