(urth) Who's Right

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 3 10:54:28 PST 2010

>Son o' Witz- What I really don't get is Agia. She seems so random,but follows him all that way then
replaces Vodalus.  This weirds me out.

More specifically, Agia is installed as the Vodalarii leader by Father Inire, replacing Thea who isn't
doing such a good job. Hm...why exactly does Inire think this enemy of the Commonwealth, Ascian
collaborator group needs a strong leader?

Prior to her elevation by Inire, Agia has been hanging out with a sexually degenerate little guy who came
from outer space and is good with mirrors.  Within a few hours of meeting Severian, Agia's actions result
in the theft of the thousand-year old sacred gem of the Pelerines, a trip to Father Inire's creation and
hangout the Botanic Gardens, some time travel, seeing a couple little bent guys, resurrection of his dead
grandmother and the death and resurrection of Severian.

That's pretty crazy. And completely weird unless we shift our perception of the events from random occurences
to a a series of scheduled events, planned by someone with the knowledge, means and ability to do it.