(urth) God/Increate in the New Sun

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 2 20:21:07 PST 2010

>Andrew Mason: ...if Dionysus is seen as a prefiguring of Christ...

Yes. The direction my own thoughts have been going lately. But if Briah is our
universe, a Christian universe, why do we see a Dionysian figure 30,000
(or whatever it is) years after the birth of Christ? Perhaps we can postulate that
Christianity died out on Earth/Urth and has to go through certain stages to regain
it. Or, as Wolfe has said in interviews, we can view this as another, cosmically earlier
universe than ours, perhaps one which has never had a Savior.

Must I choose? Or can I continue to accept both possibilities simultaneously?
Must I feel compelled to weigh the evidence, pick a "most likely" and commit myself and
my eternal faith to that interpretation?

Normally I don't think my own worldview or beliefs are important in here but since in this
situation they are paralleled regarding a fictional world, perhaps they are worth mentioning.
I think Roy recently described himself as a "non-believer" I wonder if he would own to the extra
step of "disbeliever". I wouldn't for myself. I am comfortable running the "God created Man"
mental scenario of the universe as well as the "Man created God" scenario; both simultaneously if
necessary. I don't think I need to choose one. There is one thing I know for sure and that
is if God created me for a purpose, it involves me being an agnostic. There is nothing truer or
deeper to my core than that.