(urth) Dionysus

Andrew Mason andrew.mason53 at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 2 14:40:38 PST 2010

Lee Berman wrote:

> But the part about minor gods being invited friends of Pas/Typhon is most interesting. Easy to see
> how this could apply to Kypris. But who is the invited friend of Typhon from Urth who becomes mentioned
> in the Writings as The Outsider?
>
> I'm thinking it needs to be an Urthly resident who, like the Outsider, is associated with Dionysus.

Is it clear that Horn still sees the Outsider as a minor god? Silk
stopped seeing him as one; Horn, as a devotee of Silk, is likely to
have done the same.

Somewhere in _Long Sun_ someone, I think Marble, says that the
Outsider was worshipped on the Short Sun Whorl - that does not seem to
fit a friend of Typhon (but does fit the Increate).