(urth) God/Increate in the New Sun

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 10:02:48 PST 2010

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 9:47 AM, Ryan Dunn <ryan at liftingfaces.com> wrote:
> Forgive my ignorance, but was the actual act of restoring the sun an act between Severian and the Increate? Or were the Hiero's responsible for this?

The sun was restored by its being implanted with the White Fountain,
Severian's "star." The WF was created by the mating of Severian and
Apheta, and became his so-to-speak alter ego, linked to him so that he
could summon it in the time of the Stone Village to arrive in his own
time. At least, that's (in sketch) how I remember it.

--
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes