(urth) Neighbors & Trees/Ash & Vine

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 23:05:13 PST 2010

> Roy C. Lackey -
> Later in that same conversation with Hide, Silkhorn all but spells
> it out (IGJ, 355). The Neighbors were native to Blue. Further, on
> the same page Hide asked: "What happened when all the Vanished People
> here were dead?" Silkhorn answered: "I'm not sure it ever occurred."
> "A very few may have survived; a very few may survive here still."
> There are more than a few trees on Blue, including the big, old ones
> up the river on Shadelow you
> alluded to.

As I said, I believe the Rajan when he says that the Neighbors came from
Blue. Point made. But the fact that there are lots of trees means
nothing...zero. I'm not sure why you think it does. The Neighbors who
were wiped out would not have been destroyed in their tree form. Their
corporal forms would have continued to live on. That's what happens when
you die in soul travel. Your body lives on and your soul dies. The dead
Neighbors would have become nothing but regular ol' trees, right?

u+16b9