(urth) Grand Unified Theory

Mark Lewin mark at marklewin.com
Fri Aug 27 08:14:02 PDT 2010

Apologies if anyone has made this connection already, but there's a comment
by Wolfe in the Jordan
interview<http://mysite.verizon.net/~vze2tmhh/gwjbj2.html#fem> which
would appear to back this up:

*JJ:* I want to ask you about Laura in *There Are Doors*. Having only been
through it once and scanned it yesterday, I'm still not exactly sure about
what Laura is.

*GW:* Laura is my idea of what a pagan goddess might be who survived into
the Christian world. One of the places where I probably split off from
conventional Catholic thinking is that I* believe that the gods of paganism
were real*. I don't think that they are entitled to the worship that they
received from the pagans. I think what many of the biblical writers are
saying is, "Yes, these are real powers, but it is wrong for you to give to
them the honors that are due to God alone." And I think that that is exactly
correct. Now, if Aphrodite were to survive into the contemporary world, what
would she be like? Well, Laura was a shot at trying to show what she might
be like
Best regards,

Mark Lewin
mark at marklewin.com