(urth) Limited Good Choices

Ryan Dunn ryan at liftingfaces.com
Thu Aug 12 19:59:02 PDT 2010

On Aug 12, 2010, at 10:37 PM, Nicholas Jost wrote:

> One of my beefs with the list is not trimming sources.  If you look in the archive there was the assumption in a post that as people moved "up" towards Yesod that choices would be limited.  Nothing in the text or Catholic theology supports such silliness.

Nicholas, would "heaven" count a place Catholics "ascend" to? If heaven is a metaphor here, after all Severian uses "divine year" as a universe rebirth, then how interesting that in BotNS, humans created the Gods in their own image, and those Gods (hierogrammates) ended up shaping a subsequent iteration of humans, in a reborn universe.

...ryan