(urth) Hierogrammates, Briah and Yesod

António Marques entonio at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 16:21:04 PDT 2010

DAVID STOCKHOFF wrote:
> I have neither said nor asserted any of those things.
>
> Please don't confuse my posts with Lee's. I like his approach sometimes,
> but we often reach opposite conclusions.

I don't think I'm confusing you, but I was under the impression you
agreed here. If not, what's your view of

1) Who created the Hieorgrammates?
2) What's the 'multiverse structure'?
3) Is Urth Earth?

> Do you have any thoughts at all about why the Hieromakers were
> homologues rather than human beings, outside your interpretation of
> Tzadkiel's speech?

Homologues to Severian's race. My guess is that if *we* work hard
enough, we'll be them. Not a matter of multiple futures; the fact that
we may eventually be them doesn't change that we'll have to have all the
hard work.

As I said, I don't think strong conlusions can be had from the text or
interviews. I have only the other considerations and as I see it the
text kind of agrees with them. Urth just looks like an alternate rather
than the real Earth.