(urth) Hierogrammates, Briah and Yesod

Roy C. Lackey rclackey at stic.net
Tue Aug 10 12:34:58 PDT 2010

Lee Berman quoted and wrote:
> >Roy C. Lackey- Yesod is a universe apart from Briah and the other
manvantaras, on a
> >different level. This is not my opinion; it is what Severian was told by
> >Malrubius in CITADEL: ". . . Yesod, the universe higher than our own,
where
> >they created worlds suited to what they [the Hierogrammates] had become."
>
> No disrepect intended Roy, but that is your opinion.

It is right there in black and white. I can't help it if it doesn't fit in
with your theories.

>I see the same words and find different meaning.
> As I understand, there is a succession of universes and Briah is succeeded
by Yesod. One step higher on
> the staircase, so to speak.  I truly don't understand where you get the
concept of Yesod being "apart"
> like a single step or a ladder rung floating detached in a void.

Yesod *is* apart from Briah, not simply the next universe in an endless
sequence of universes, otherwise Tzadkiel's parting words after the trial
are meaningless: "My son will see that you are returned to Briah and Urth,
which will be destroyed at your order." (153) The Brook Madregot runs
*between* the universes Briah and Yesod (285), so of course they are apart.

-Roy