(urth) Vodalus & the Old Autarch

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Tue Aug 10 04:47:59 PDT 2010

Others, such as Jolenta and the doctor, don't seem to make the
connection either---but then, they wouldn't. Thecla certainly would have.

It is pretty odd that a ruler with his face on a coin would go about
unannounced, letting people think he was merely a eunuch. Especially
when he is rumored to be a eunuch.

Then again, Severian doesn't tell us that Thecla recognized Inire, either.