(urth) Vodalus & the Old Autarch

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 10 04:33:29 PDT 2010

>Mr. Thalassocrat: Thecla-in-Sev recognises the old Autarch; his profile is on the coinage;
>clearly his appearance isn't some kind of big secret.
>But Vodalus doesn't make the conenction. How likely is that?
>I lean towards thinking this is just a narrative glitch, because I can't
>think up a text-based explanation for it.

I've wondered the same thing, especially regarding the coin and most especially because it is
a false coin. I don't know if Vodalus himself is the counterfeiter but whichever of his
associates made the coin had to be very aware of the image he was engraving.

My text-based explanation is that Vodalus has never actually met his secret accomplice in House
Absolute. All their communication has been by those micro-fiche thingies (was it called a stele?)
and Vodalus' assertion that his accomplice has never lied is based only on that or other forms of
communication which do not require personal presence.