(urth) GUTs and so on

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 13:34:48 PDT 2010

Sometimes ... and I want to be clear that I'm not singling anyone out
here ... nor is this a recent but rather a recurring thing ... I get
the feeling that there's a competition going on, whose rules I am
unaware of, but the objective of which seems to be the erection and
successful support of the most baroque and prima facie implausible
theory concerning some Lupine matter; the prize being simply the gasps
and awed admiration of our fellow Wolfeans, and that this competition
is rather like a circus act, in that the value is not in the thing
done but in its difficulty.

--
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes