(urth) Seven American Nights procession

Dave Tallman davetallman at msn.com
Thu Aug 19 18:40:36 PDT 2010

James Wynn wrote:

Thematically, this also makes sense because after the procession, the

text says: "It is very late-three, my watch says." Three o'clock is the

hour of Christ's death.

> Additionally, the procession with the priest carrying the cross "like a

crutch" is surely Good Friday.

> When Ardis said "Tomorrow night the theater will be closed early for

Easter." It is not unreasonable that she meant Easter weekend. And if

the city has a large enough Catholic population to allow for public Good

Friday processions, then it is not unreasonable that the theater to be

closed IN THE EVENING on that day.

I don't see the word "early" in the text, but that's still fine. I
don't think the theater does matinees, anyway. I'm convinced that Good
Friday is the intended day, and thanks for finding yet another Passion
reference. The more I look for them in this story, the more I find.