(urth) Inhumi in the Whorl

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 06:58:29 PDT 2010

>> Jeff Wilson- It just occurred to me that Blue might be Scylla's home planet.

I don't guess I mind, but out of curiosity, how did I get to be Jeff Wilson?

> Yes :- ). Isn't there a mention that Scylla had her own world to rule?
> I think Echidna is also a possibility, though mythological Scylla was a sea
> monster and Echidna was a cave dweller. I think Horn mentions that Echidna seems
> to be getting most of the worship since they arrived on Blue.

When I say Scylla, I mean the megatherian of Urth.
The reason I suggest it is only that the original Scylla is does make an
appearance in "Short Sun". They seem very similar. It makes literary
sense is all. I have no further information to defend that hypothesis.

Mother might actually BE the megatherian Scylla rather than just of the
same species. We know the Rajan can time travel when he dream travels
because 1) he travels back into time to take part in the grandmother's
story in In Green's Jungles and 2) the time-line from when Horn leaves
home until when he returns is all screwed up. If the Rajan can time
travel, then the Neighbors can time travel, and reasonably Mother can as
well. I realize the can of eels that opens for tBotNS and tUotNS.

u+16b9