(urth) Standard Wolfean Riddle

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Mon Aug 16 04:49:13 PDT 2010

This shift in focus to the universes might be a way out from a sticky
problem, but you seem to propose that each Jesus is identically
Jesus-like but not necessarily identically effective. Why are some
Jesuses less effective? Why do some fail utterly? Do some die before the
age of 5? Are some run over by a chariot while chasing a ball into the
street?

Also, if each universe gets one Jesus, and the Conciliator is not one of
them (but rather an attempt to fill a void where there should be one),
this brings back the question of whether there was one in Severian's
Briah, does it not?