(urth) The Key to the Universe

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 14:20:00 PDT 2010

Jeff Wilson wrote:
> On 8/13/2010 7:57 PM, Dan'l Danehy-Oakes wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 3:40 PM, Jeff Wilson<jwilson at io.com> wrote:
>>
>>> That's begging the question, in the original sense. Somehow
>>> intelligence had
>>> arise for the first time in the universe, unless you have a steady state
>>> universe where intelligence has always existed. There is very strong
>>> support
>>> for the Big Bang, so the steady state model is not convincing locally.
>>
>> Of course, theism begs the question in an isomoprhic way; it ignores
>> the question, "And where did God come from?"
>
> That's about the only thing I can objectively answer about God, for the
> Judeo-Christian value of "God"; He must come from outside the
> observable, knowable domain of existence. I mean that not as an
> abstraction, but in the sense of the literally unknowable, unguessable
> condiiton of being apart from the potentially comprehensible states of
> being, that are limited by their own nature not just our nature as
> mortal creatures.

I'd even venture that it isn't heretical to suggest that there may be other
things beyond God. It's just that, from our vantage point, there's only God.
God is our singularity. If one day we get closer to God, we may find out
that God is only part of something bigger, but in *our* context, there is
nothing but God.