(urth) The Key to the Universe

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Fri Aug 13 19:54:29 PDT 2010

On 8/13/2010 7:57 PM, Dan'l Danehy-Oakes wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 3:40 PM, Jeff Wilson<jwilson at io.com>  wrote:
>
>> That's begging the question, in the original sense. Somehow intelligence had
>> arise for the first time in the universe, unless you have a steady state
>> universe where intelligence has always existed. There is very strong support
>> for the Big Bang, so the steady state model is not convincing locally.
>
> Of course, theism begs the question in an isomoprhic way; it ignores
> the question, "And where did God come from?"

That's about the only thing I can objectively answer about God, for the
Judeo-Christian value of "God"; He must come from outside the
observable, knowable domain of existence. I mean that not as an
abstraction, but in the sense of the literally unknowable, unguessable
condiiton of being apart from the potentially comprehensible states of
being, that are limited by their own nature not just our nature as
mortal creatures.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
IEEE Student Chapter Blog at
< http://ieeetamut.org >