(urth) Hierogrammates, Briah and Yesod

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 05:01:44 PDT 2010

Lee Berman wrote (12-08-2010 12:52):
> After Tzadkiel tells Severian specifically that his race (not a cognate
> race) created Hierogrammates (...)

He says 'your own', then he says 'they'. To me that easily reads as 'your
cognates'. If it were really 'you, not your cognates', I'd expect him to say
'you' all along. But again I'm no anglo :)

It would be weird to say 'your cognate' where he says 'your own', even if he
meant 'your cognate'.

After all, it *is* explicitly said that there was a race cognate to
Severian's. Where does it enter the picture, if not by creating the
hierogrammates?