(urth) cynocephalus

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 11:41:02 PDT 2010

On 8/9/2010 11:26 AM, James Wynn wrote:
> However, while it can be said that Quetzal/Silk is highly analogous to
> Fr Inire/Severian, I'm not convinced that he IS Fr Inire.

What I meant to say was that I am not convinced that Fr Inire is an
inhume or neighbor.

One reason is that the inhumi seem totally consumed with reproduction
and passing as human. Quetzal, for example gets into Whorl politics on
because he wants to establish a human colony on Green. That they would
partake in some grand scheme for rejuvenating Urth seems beyond their ken.

Same with the Neighbors. Their interest (whatever it is) seems totally
directed with Blue, not Urth.

And, no, I don't think Blue is Ushas either. When the subject was
brought up, Wolfe --being ironic-- said "No! no! Urth is Green!". We can
debate about what he meant by that, but he surely did not mean that Blue
was in fact Ushas.

u+16b9