(urth) Fiction, halves, twins

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Wed Apr 28 14:44:40 PDT 2010

Great!

One thing that a correspondence scheme can do here is confirm the primary "meaning" or point of each chapter---to tell us what to look out for, what is important. Since the Tarot is a system for organizing and transmitting esoteric knowledge, I never doubted that Wolfe was very familiar with it indeed. And the version he presents in TCITGT is helpful.

For example: I wondered about how to connect the Star and werewolves.

But Wolfe says Star = "Magna Mater of the Old Cult." As readers of the Soldier novels know, this means lycanthropy. So Dave's elucidation of lycanthropy as the major plot point or introduction of that chapter pair is confirmed.

I didn't know Temperance could be Time. Watch out for that ...

Message: 2