(urth) Fiction, halves, twins

Mo Holkar / UKG lists at ukg.co.uk
Wed Apr 28 00:47:56 PDT 2010

At 03:20 28/04/2010, Gwern wrote:
>While thinking about these connections, I thought to myself, what
>evidence do we have that Wolfe is even familiar with the Tarot? None
>of these connections seem especially insightful or interesting, and as
>you point out there are many free variables.

Another pointer that Wolfe may have had the Tarot in mind when
writing this particular book is found on p74 where Emlyn talks about
weapons of sorcery:

"Swords, mostly.... A lot are staffs and wands these days. I've heard
of cups, too."
(And coins feature in that chapter in their own right.)

Mo

# ~ # ~ #

WolfeWiki -- a wiki about Gene Wolfe
http://www.wolfewiki.com/pmwiki/