(urth) Sorcerer's House--First Read--Some Thoughts/Questions

Dave Tallman davetallman at msn.com
Tue Apr 13 17:11:51 PDT 2010

James Wynn wrote:

> PS Could Mary King be Lupine's soul? Sure Lupine (pronounced "lupeena"
> I think), meaning she-wolf, was not her original name.
>
> I keep thinking there has to be a connection between Mary King and the
circle-dance, in which we see:
1) A king,
2) A queen (Mary?),
3) A long-legged man (the vampire Nicholas),
4) A woman wearing a fur (Lupine),
5) A dwarf

Another interesting thing about the ring-gem becoming a star sapphire. Most
asterisms are six-pointed stars. The Ring of Solomon was inscribed with a
Star of David, a six-pointed star, and supposedly used to control spirits.
One legend about the ring is that a demon stole it, taking Solomon's place
for a time and making him a pauper. Then the demon discarded the ring in the
sea, where it was swallowed by a fish. The fish was caught and given to
Solomon. Once he had the ring back he regained his former status and
kingdom.