(urth) Sorcerer's House--First Read--Some Thoughts/Questions

Dave Tallman davetallman at msn.com
Mon Apr 12 21:49:45 PDT 2010

James Wynn wrote:
> >/it's interesting that it was held by A&I Properties,
> />/with a Mr. Issacs for the "I", so it could well be
> />/"Abraham and Issac's Properties."
> /
> That's a very good catch.

Another possible take on A&I Properties is that the 'A' is for
Ambrosius. That would make Mr. Isaacs, the surviving partner, be
Goldwurm. Goldwurm is a well-known Jewish surname.

That doesn't exclude Ted being Ambrosius and Hardaway being Goldwurm.
Doris has 'been around' and may have been sleeping with her boss (p.
156). Doris may have betrayed her husband to Goldwurm. I don't believe
she is ignorant about the ring or she wouldn't have asked for it back
when she turned against Bax (p. 274).

The Dennis Quilp/Dick Quist/Quorn connection looks good. Common initials
were key in "An Evil Guest," so why not here? Cathy is raped by Quorn,
possibly a different form of Quist, her future father-in-law (p. 190).
On that same page the gem in the ring has upgraded to a star sapphire. I
like the idea that it becomes more valuable as it stores numen.