(urth) Sorcerer's House--First Read--Some Thoughts/Questions

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 17:42:53 PDT 2010

Gwern said
>Killing George at the final battle makes more sense[snip]
>But one would expect the killing of George to be significant: the left
> behind body would be striking ('oh no, Bax is dead!' 'wait, but Bax is
> over there with the fox sword!' 'eh?'), and the killing ought to be
> major and marked out some way. [snip]
>I don't have the text handy, but I
>don't remember any werewolf (except Lupin) standing out.

My working hypothesis is that the body Lupine was putting back together
during the final battle was George's.

Dave said:
>It's a reasonable idea, and it maybe goes along with the woman
>George found who was his guide to the things of Faerie
>(in this case being Lupine, who possibly made George into a werewolf).

He might have already been a werewolf when he arrived and the note was a
fake made by Bax
OR
the letter note from George might have been out of place.

One thing though, I don't recall right now any indication that you can
become a werewolf by being bitten. Lupine traded ("sold") her soul for her
wolfskin. It's not an easy, quick process, I presume. But she might have
taught George how to do that. It is striking that the is soul-selling in a
novel with an Old Nick. I'm not sure I get the connection if there is one.
Did she sell her soul to Zwart?

>it's interesting that it was held by A&I Properties,
>with a Mr. Issacs for the "I", so it could well be
>"Abraham and Issac's Properties."

That's a very good catch.

J.