(urth) Sorcerer's House--First Read--Some Thoughts/Questions

Dave Tallman davetallman at msn.com
Sat Apr 10 10:13:38 PDT 2010

Gwern Branwen wrote:
> Killing George at the final battle makes more sense - then the note is
> genuine and Bax's lame waving-away more understandable.
> But one would expect the killing of George to be significant: the left
> behind body would be striking ('oh no, Bax is dead!' 'wait, but Bax is
> over there with the fox sword!' 'eh?'), and the killing ought to be
> major and marked out some way. I don't have the text handy, but I
> don't remember any werewolf (except Lupin) standing out.

If this really is Jacob and Esau, it's possible there was no killing of
George at all, just a reconciliation as in the Bible story. George (aka
Emlyn) goes off to Faerie to learn how to save his lover Lupine, leaving
Bax (aka Ieuan) in control. In this case, there is only one real set of
twins and the timeless nature of Faerie allows us to see them in two
different states.

There's a hint of this sort of timelessness when Bax sees himself and
the car at a later time.