(urth) Cues and Lolita?

Matthew Groves matthewalangroves at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 20:01:51 PDT 2009

The initial open quote on " "Cues " is there because it's, well, the
opening of a line of dialog:

"Cues?" the young (not really so young any more) man said.  "I'm
afraid I don't understand."

Are you attaching some additional significance to this punctuation?

I don't like the scatological interpretation.  I suppose I'll go ahead
and reread the story, now that I've got the book out...