(urth) Wolfe at Dragon*Con (AEG)

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 07:21:33 PDT 2009

> To snip a perhaps apropos phrase from Dr. Lao's Wikipedia summary,
> "..the mythical city of 'Woldercan', populated by doubles of the
> townfolk..."

Which is another potential resolution to Cassie going to Woldercan to find
Reis.
This sounds a lot like the planet St. Anne where a kind of fairie race
copies the human population (with hints of "The Book of the Short Sun").

If Reis and Chase were actually Woldercanlings, then Cassie could have been
going there to find the original. Nice Platonic ring to it.
Even if that isn't the case, Cassie might have divined that the Woldercan
held duplicates of the Earthlings who had been there. Ironically, this
strikes me as less likely than the first.

Unfortunately, this solution still leaves Chase as an unfired revolver on
the table.

J.