(urth) Wolfe at Dragon*Con (AEG)

Charles Tallman rocketsunner at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 18:41:11 PDT 2009

>>* Isn't it possible that "going to Woldercan to find Reis"
*>>* wasn't meant to be taken literally? It seems pretty easy to
*>>* read that as Cassie was going to Woldercan to find love.
*
I do think Wolfe is being tricky, and that Bill Reis isn't literally
to be found alive on Woldercan of "the present." There are two
possible explanations:

1) Cassie will somehow journey to the Woldercan of the past (during
Bill's time there) and become the ambassador's wife we know so little
about. Plausible, except that
   a) She's no longer beautiful enough to win his heart.
   b) If she tells him of the future that will cause major time paradoxes.

2) What Wolfe meant was that she will go to Woldercan as a first step
on a journey to change the past, allowing her to attempt to save
Bill's life. This fits perfectly
   with my old theory of Margaret Briggs as future Cassie, and it's
the theory I'm sticking too now.