(urth) Fw: Re: (no subject)

Stuart Hamm hammstu at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 20 14:34:46 PDT 2009

          -\\~S~//-     Mobile   (415) 786-3624
     Skype   stuart.hamm
myspace.com/stuhamm
      stuarthamm.net

--- On Wed, 5/20/09, Stuart Hamm <hammstu at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
From: Stuart Hamm <hammstu at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: (urth) (no subject)
To: "Jeff Wilson" <jwilson at io.com>
Date: Wednesday, May 20, 2009, 2:33 PM

I'm not sure I ever had credibility...certainly  not on this forum...but

The actors and producers and people who work on a TV show are payed up front for their work...maybe some back end $ for DVD sales...but are not payed  based on how many people actually watch the show!!
When someone buys a CD at a store or online a % of that sale goes to the writer/musicians...that's the way we make money off the product. If it's shared or downloaded illegaly I lose the opportunity to make $ off my work.
Sure, if I download an episode of BSG Ron Moore may lose a few $...(but I'll buy the box set anyway..) but the lion's share of his earning have been payed already,,,regardless of whether 1 million or 25 million people watched that episode.

No one's gonna back me?? Don't we all rush out and buy a first edition of GW's new books instead of
 downloading an illegal copy???

          -\\~S~//-     Mobile   (415) 786-3624
     Skype   stuart.hamm
myspace.com/stuhamm