(urth) There Are Doors

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Fri May 22 07:24:11 PDT 2009

>I think the resonance theory as Green conceives it is incomplete. There
>should be evidence of many worlds' influence on his, as well as ours on
>theirs, as there should have been at the very least several pagan powers,
>even if they have been subsumed by Laura or the Elohim by now.

Maybe there are.  Green only goes to one, so he is only able to recognize
influences of Laura's world on his.

The obvious response to this is, "Then shouldn't Wolfe have alluded to those
other worlds?" Maybe, but not necessarily. But if Wolfe intended a more
elaborate, "particle-based" cause for the similarities of the two worlds
(rather than a "wave-based" one), I would have expected someone else to pose
it. Unlike the mistaken expert-theorizing in Short Sun and Soldier, Green is
the only offering an explanation at all. Green's theorizing --I think-- is
more that of VRT/Marsch in "The Fifth Head of Cerberus": The right one but
delivered by a non-expert.

J.