(urth) Ship Volant

Jeffrey Brent McBeth mcbeth at broggs.org
Mon Mar 2 10:27:34 PST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 07:37:58PM +0000, Son of Witz wrote:

> Interesting points about wings.  Those ships look very Battlestar
> Galactica to me, probably technically "realistic".

This comment has confused me for a while, as their ships don't look
Battlestar Galactica at all, and I think I finally figured out what
happened.  Ad-Astra has three lines now rather than just the one.  I
meant to look into the Ten-Worlds line rather than their imagining of
Weber's Honorverse.  The best images I could find were (unfortunately)
on t-shirts (unless you get their calendar, which is pretty, but silly
with two months already gone)

http://www.cafepress.com/irrationalshop/2047067

Although the quotes around "realistic" is a bit silly too.  Given
current physics, there a lot of features on the outside of a
deep-space manned space ship that would have to look a certain way to
be feasible.

Sorry again for resurrecting an old topic, later down this discussion
people came to a much more sane idea of what an illustration from the
books should look like:
Jeff
"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over
 the man who cannot read them."
 -- Mark Twain