(urth) BSG Spoiler vs Wolfe

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Tue Mar 24 13:11:32 PDT 2009

James Wynn wrote:
> no one's sexual relationship in
> BSG ended well except for Baltar and Six's.
>
> If I were to ascribe a moral to sex in BSG it would be "sex
> invariability causes people to act treacherously or cruelly."

There were at least three healthy physical relationships in BSG, all
between married couples: Athena/Helo, Bill/Laura, and Galen/Callie. As
for Ellen/Saul - well, as long as they stayed together they were fine,
their problem was not having enough sex to suit Ellen.

> Did Baltar even have sex in the final episode? If not (and I'm thinking
> not) it a first.  Certainly, Baltar and Six's relationship was hardly
> less realistic than Wolfe's and, in general, its purpose was titilation.

IIRC Baltaar failed to have sex in most of the episodes with Pegasus Six
and IIRC during the mutiny. The rest of the time would be about half and
half - of course, half of 73 episodes is still a lot of sex for one farm
boy.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.io.com/~jwilson >