(urth) AEG - False Loose Ends

brunians at brunians.org brunians at brunians.org
Fri Mar 27 03:27:07 PDT 2009

It has been growing on me, how clever this novel is. On the surface, it is
not only a pulp novel, it is a *bad* pulp novel, with a poor editing job:
why the author and editor can't even keep the address of the heroine
straight. People are mentioned, killed, forgotten. It is easy to see
someone who doesn't know Wolfe saying 'Eh! The author can't even be
bothered to keep a bit of consistency? Onto the trash heap with it!'.

.