(urth) BSG Spoiler

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Sun Mar 22 02:40:38 PDT 2009

Jeremy Francis wrote:
> I think you underestimate the hardship of a subsistence lifestyle, no matter
> the fertility of the area you reside in and cultivate.  I doubt they had any
> seed onboard, wild strains tend to be very difficult to cultivate
> successfully; spreading over the globe they would also be insuring that
> there would be no skills sharing so that successful farmers could teach the
> unsuccessful...

These concerns and the rest in your post are already addressed by their
survival on the relatively barren New Caprica - If they were making a go
  of it there, they'll have a much easier time of it with plentiful game
and if they find out they are spread too thin, they can use the
remaining Raptors to regroup.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.io.com/~jwilson >