(urth) Blood Pudding (was Neighbors as Faeries)

Jordon Flato jordonflato at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 11:54:42 PDT 2009

You know, I just read this part, and I can't find any reference to a Tree
being in there with him, much less anything close to resembling a tree
eating his corpse.  A Neighbor comes in (he thinks it a spider or
something).  As a matter of fact, I just reread that, and there is not
mention or even hint of a tree(s) being in the pit with Horn, so I don't
know where this comes from.  Can you cite anything?

I do see the Neigbors associated with Trees on some level, but not as
projections.  The Neighbors as for permission to visit this world, and
indicate they have left this world to go to another.  How is that connected
to the Trees?  The trees obviously don't leave (no pun intended).  Are the
trees Spirit Antennae or something which allow the Neighbors to transmit
themselves back to Blue?

I don't see nearly as direct a connection between the trees and the
Neighbors as some seem to, although I will admit there is some possible
connection, no doubt.

But there is no tree in the pit.  Not from textual references anyway.

RE:  Hybridization.  YES!  This is the one thing which is making me
seriously consider that a neighbor did something siginficant in this respect
to Horn in the pit.  It fits thematically.