(urth) Neighbors as Faeries

Chris P rasputin_ at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 19 21:14:50 PDT 2009

It has been too long since I read the books and my memory is hazy, but is there not also an aspect in which the Neighbors are themselves sort of... composite... beings? Would it be possible on your interpretation for it not to be an entire Neighbor in there, but just a part of one - just enough, perhaps, to be able to recognize a kinship with the rest of itself when it shakes hands, but not enough to have the full memory and personality of a "complete" Neighbor?

--
"When small men begin to cast big shadows, it means that the sun is about to set." -- Lin Yutang