(urth) The Politics Of Gene Wolfe

brunians at brunians.org brunians at brunians.org
Thu Mar 19 05:04:16 PDT 2009

There's another aspect of Gene Wolfe's politics which is mentioned
prominently in many of his stories, and that is his intense distrust of
government. I assume that this is less controversial than his support of
an armed citizenry. I am still a bit nonplussed that anyone would question
that still, but no matter. I am well known to be an extremely ignorant
person, knowing almost nothing (and trying hard to un-learn that little
bit).

I'd like to solicit a discussion of this particular aspect of his work.
The last one was quite lively, and some people did get their feelings
hurt. Well, literary discussion is a tough business, and not meant for the
faint of heart. I hope that this discussion can be equally lively, but
perhaps less fraught with emotional trauma for some of the participants.

.