(urth) Seawrack/ mother plot / + three whorls

Matthew Groves matthewalangroves at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 18:46:21 PDT 2009

The best argument that Urth is Blue (or Green), to my mind, is the
thematic argument, which Marc made long ago, that The Book of the
Short Sun is all about returning.  I can't seem to dig up Marc's old
post...  Together with the corn genetics symbol and the hyacinth
symbol at the end, I'm afraid Marc has me convinced that the Whorl has
returned whence it came.  (But Blue/Green still isn't St. Anne/St.
Croix.)  I'm much more convinced of this than I am that resurrected
Horn is a Neighbor--a proposition I've never been able to find much
textual support for.  But I'll be reading SS later this year with both
ideas in mind.