(urth) The Politics Of Gene Wolfe

Adam Thornton adam at io.com
Wed Mar 18 11:50:31 PDT 2009

On Mar 18, 2009, at 1:46 PM, brunians at brunians.org wrote:

>> Bernie Madoff always struck me as a rather smart man.
>
> Use of past tense noted.
>
> He wasn't smart enough not to get involved in a Ponzi scheme.

The decades of the Good Life might be worth the last few years on the
inside.  It's at least plausible that it's a rational trade.  Was he
dumb?  That's for him to say.

Or, hey, take the "late" Ken Lay.  I mean, even if he actually *is*
dead: a bunch of years being really really rich.  And then, at worst,
an early exit.  How tragic.  At best, he's drinking margaritas on a
beach someplace tropical, laughing at all the rest of us.

Adam