(urth) The Politics Of Gene Wolfe

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 10:27:30 PDT 2009

>>> Well, beying an european, I'm going to abstain from commenting
>>>on the particulars of your constitution and on your (US) views
>>>of this matter. After all, the "Wild West" is too fresh on your mind and
>>>culture and it's probably normal that these matters raise certain
>>>"passions" among US citizens.
>>
>> This is such a quaint, European view of Americans. It's so cute!
>> :-)
>
> Hum? I was in no way picking on you.
>Did it come up as such? If yes, than I appologise.
>I'm not a native english speaker.

Absolutely no offense taken. And no derogatory response intended (no serious
one anyway). It's just your comment had so many European charming
preconceptions about Americans. Imagine if the some neighborhood kid assumed
you were a member of Hell's Angels because you wear a leather jacket when
you ride your motorcycle. It's like that.