(urth) The Politics Of Gene Wolfe

Craig Brewer cnbrewer at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 17 08:31:23 PDT 2009

One more non-Wolfe point. I agree with Dan'l about the correct reading of the 2nd Amendment and always have.

But even if it were for us to defend ourselves from the government, it has always seemed odd to me to apply that argument in an age when the weapons available to a massive governmental body aren't available to private individuals. I mean, even if we all bonded together in a big militia with big automatic weapons, would we stand a chance against an air force, a navy with its increasingly sophisticated robotic drone technology, chemical/bio/nuclear weapons, etc.? It's one thing to want a high powered gun in your home. But it seems ludicrous to me to argue about its use in defending yourself against a 21st century military machine.