(urth) The Politics Of Gene Wolfe

John Watkins john.watkins04 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 07:24:14 PDT 2009

I guess I'm a moderate conservative or libertarian on the issue.  I think
the Second Amendment creates an individual right and that that individual
right clearly isn't meant to cover every conceivable form of weapon.  The
proper balancing of those two might vary from state to state (or within
metropolitan areas) depending on the needs of the populace, but always
within those obvious boundaries.

Besides, banning handguns, a common proposal, doesn't seem workable to me.
We banned drugs, and that hasn't worked out too well.