(urth) The Politics Of Gene Wolfe

Adam Thornton adam at io.com
Tue Mar 17 06:45:33 PDT 2009

On Mar 17, 2009, at 5:36 AM, brunians at brunians.org wrote:

> Wolfe's readers are a diverse, and an international bunch, and I for
> one
> am curious to hear the views of the various literate and intelligent
> readers who frequent this list upon this subject, here in the early
> 21st
> century, some 90 years into the international disarm-the-citizens
> campaign
> that began after WWI.

I myself am pretty much a Second Amendment fundamentalist.  Guns are
extraordinarily useful tools for putting holes in things a long way
away.  Like all powerful tools, they can cause great and unintended
harm if misused or used carelessly.  Making the tool unavailable to
responsible adults is not the solution to that problem.  There's
something about power and responsibility and werearachnids to be said
here.

Adam