(urth) AEG: Gideon

Roy C. Lackey rclackey at stic.net
Sun Jan 4 15:00:02 PST 2009

Dave Tallman wrote:
> Reis seems to have brought his troubles on himself. Chase didn't make
> him set the Navy on the Storm King. His only responsibility is that Reis
> wouldn't have loved Cassie (and wanted to attack those who endangered
> her) without Chase's help. Cassie surely cannot want revenge for that.

I agree.

I still wonder who shot Gid or, more to the point, who was behind the
shooter. Gid had a late breakfast with Cassie the morning after the cast
party. At about that time, Reis took the poison bracelet back from Margaret.
Gid was shot early in the afternoon after dropping Cassie off at her
apartment. Within 24 hours after being shot, he learned that Reis was
looking for him to give him some help. So did Reis have a change of heart,
as he did with Cassie, but too late to call off the shooter? Then why lie to
Cassie about not being responsible for the shooting and tell her that he
would find out who the shooter was? Also, Reis claimed that he preferred to
win people over to him, rather than kill them.

On a related note, apparently some time during the three-month gap between
plays, he hired Gid's services at an even higher fee than for a past
consultation. Exactly what did he hire Gid to do? Deliver Cassie to him by
buying off Gid's affection for her?

-Roy